Dales School Vacancies:
The Dales School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The following positions are available:
Relief Pupil Support Assistant
Would you be interested in applying for the position of Relief Pupil Support Assistant at our school?
We are looking to appoint a bank of reliable and flexible people who would be available to work from 3-6hrs a day on a supply basis. Previous experience is preferred, but full training will be given.
For further details please read the job description and person specifications on our website and if you feel that you are the right person to join our team, please complete the application form (also available on our website) and return to The Dales School, Morton on Swale, Northallerton DL7 9QW
Applying for a position at The Dales School
Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement
The Dales School aims to select and appoint the best people for the job and develop them to perform to the highest standards.
The Headteacher and Governors will work to ensure that:
- No unsuitable person is appointed to a post.
- Equality and diversity considerations are fully embedded in the recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
- Appointments are made on merit leading to the recruitment of highly competent individuals.
- A positive, professional image of the School / College is given throughout the process to encourage applicants for the future.
Equality and recruitment and selection
The Dales School is committed to equality, and to making fair and equitable treatment an integral part of everything we do. We will take action to identify and eliminate all forms of discriminatory practices that act as barriers to achieving this.
All arrangements for, and the implementation of, all recruitment and selection activities will comply with sex, sexual orientation, transgender race, religion, rehabilitation of offenders, disability and age anti-discriminatory legislation.
All those participating in recruitment and selection activities are expected to make judgements and exercise discretion. Judgements and choices should be made within the parameters of the information provided within the "Recruitment and Selection Guide for Schools and Colleges" to appoint individuals whose skills, behaviours and competencies are best matched to the duties of the post, in order to deliver the highest quality education to children and young people within the school / college.
The Dales School will take in to consideration the advice provided in the DfES (now DCSF) Guidance document "Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education".
In particular, the Headteacher and Governors will work to ensure that:
- At least one member of any selection panel has undertaken the recommended training in safer recruitment.
- All documentation and/or information used within the recruitment process incorporates the appropriate elements of safer recruitment.
- Satisfactory DBS clearances and other mandatory checks are completed as soon as possible for successful candidates.